Sidmouth Under-10s impress in matches against Bridport and Weymouth teams
Sidmouth Under-10s had 16 players on duty for their first action of the new season.
They began their morning with a match against Bridport with Jed Atwell and Jack Fanning making their debuts.
Sidmouth were very clinical at the breakdown and cleared out Bridport at the ruck. It was this difference at the ruck that saw Sidmouth dominate the match, winning three tries to one.
In their second game they came up against a Weymouth side that looked as if they would cause a problem or two, especially with Sidmouth fielding a very inexperienced team.
Ned Coles put in some great rucking to make a close contest.
You may also want to watch:
A Man of the match performance by George Tanner through strong running with the ball and good defence saw the game end in a draw.
The third match was against another Bridport side and in this contest Sidmouth’s dominance at the ruck, particularly from Finn Cotton. Jack Fanning picked the ball up close to his own line and ran the length of the pitch to register a wonderful solo try as Sidmouth closed out a three tries to nil success.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
The final game saw them take on another Weymouth team and this saw excellent performances from Noah Finlay, Lottie Reid and Thomas Fletcher.
There was a fantastic offload out to the wing that resulted in young Fletcher marking his debut with a try.