Sidmouth Under-10s impress in matches against Bridport and Weymouth teams
Sidmouth Under-10s had 16 players on duty for their first action of the new season.
They began their morning with a match against Bridport with Jed Atwell and Jack Fanning making their debuts.
Sidmouth were very clinical at the breakdown and cleared out Bridport at the ruck. It was this difference at the ruck that saw Sidmouth dominate the match, winning three tries to one.
In their second game they came up against a Weymouth side that looked as if they would cause a problem or two, especially with Sidmouth fielding a very inexperienced team.
Ned Coles put in some great rucking to make a close contest.
You may also want to watch:
A Man of the match performance by George Tanner through strong running with the ball and good defence saw the game end in a draw.
The third match was against another Bridport side and in this contest Sidmouth’s dominance at the ruck, particularly from Finn Cotton. Jack Fanning picked the ball up close to his own line and ran the length of the pitch to register a wonderful solo try as Sidmouth closed out a three tries to nil success.
- 1 Headteacher pays tribute to small school with a huge heart
- 2 Husband and wife team take over at White & Son Shoes
- 3 New women’s team created at Sidmouth Rugby Club
- 4 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 5 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 6 Men replicating ladies at Ottery Bowls Club
- 7 Latest news and results from Sidmouth Bowls
- 8 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 9 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward
- 10 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home
The final game saw them take on another Weymouth team and this saw excellent performances from Noah Finlay, Lottie Reid and Thomas Fletcher.
There was a fantastic offload out to the wing that resulted in young Fletcher marking his debut with a try.