Sidmouth Under-10s net win double
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-10s enjoyed their first action of the new year when they met Withycombe and Honiton.
In cold conditions, and on a surface that was at best ‘sticky’ and at worst – well muddy- the youngsters moved the ball about well in the first of their two games.
Opponents Withycombe were beaten 5-1 thanks to braces of tries from both Gabriel Roberts and Will Bolton and one from Thomas Fletcher.
The second game again saw Sidmouth defeat by the odd try in three thanks to tries from Ryan Cozens and Will Bolton.
Across both games, Sidmouth showed great spirit and determination; keeping up a strong defence to keep both Withy and Honiton away from the try line.
You may also want to watch:
What was most impressive was the way the Sidmouth players held their nerve in their own half, pushing back and attacking positively to score the winning tries.
The whole team communicated well with a number of players showing how their skills are developing.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
Both games were fiercely battled, particularly so with Honiton who kept up the pressure throughout the second game. Mention must go to Will Cockayne-Cottrell, Oliver Mitchell and Ryan Cozens for their excellent tackling and defending. There were also great interceptions and attacking play from Charlie Roberts, Gabriel Roberts, Oliver Mitchell, Oliver Bond, Sam Cole and Thomas Fletcher. Freddie Roberts and Finley Hobday also contributed to a fine win in both games. The Sidmouth Player of the Match award was won by Louis Cornick for his excellent play across both games.