Sidmouth Under-11 Warriors share spoils with Central Galaxy.
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-11s shared six goals with hosts Central Galaxy.
The conditions were more suited to polar bears than youth football, but Warriors started brightly and, following an incisive pass from Thomas Nicholls, Ben Elsom was able to power his way into the box and shoot past the despairing dive from the Central keeper.
Unfortunately the lead was short lived and Central equalised on their next attack. The remainder of the first half saw Sidmouth squander several chances including a penalty and Central were only kept at bay by an inspirational stint at left back by Man of the Match Will Pulman.
The second half started much the same as the first half and, having been put through again, this time by Tom Cload, Elsom slotted home his second.
Warriors looked to be comfortably in control, but the cold started to take hold and Central were able to squeeze the ball over the line to level the game.
You may also want to watch:
This galvanised Central and despite the brilliant right wing performance from Thomas Fletcher, Central started to dominate and added another.
Finn Upsher was able to score late on for the Warriors, but the clock was ticking down and Sidmouth couldn’t add another before the final whistle sounded.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17