Sidmouth Under-11s in power show at Wellington
Wellington 20, Sidmouth 45 Sidmouth Under-11s proved too powerful for the home side as they served up a confident all-round display, writes Mark Williams.
The promised storm did not catch up with the travelling party, but the Somerset side must have felt by full time that the storm has arrived early on their patch!
There were 15 players in the squad for the game with the home side boasting twice that number.
However, just as they had the week before, the Sidmouth players showed complete disregard for any greater size in the opposition!
The first quarter was evenly matched with Sidmouth edging the score 10-5, but with ever-determined rucking and dominance in the scrums and line-outs, Sidmouth began to control proceedings.
You may also want to watch:
Half-time arrived with Sidmouth holding a 25-10 advantage.
Even with the coaches moving players into different positions the score line continued to tick over in Sidmouth’s favour.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 5 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 6 The questions of British Lions selection
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
The winning margin was no more than Sidmouth deserved and reflected the game perfectly.
Post match produced lost of smiling Sidmouth faces as they journey home to face the night’s storm!