Sidmouth Under-11s power to Exmouth win in try fest
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-11s were involved in a ‘try fest’ when they met Exmouth.
In all a whopping 29 tries were scored and that means one try was scored almost every to minutes, such was the end-to-end action.
Exmouth scored first, but the Sidmouth reply was as clinical as it was swift with Jimmy Brett racing clear not once, but three times, the pick of his treble being his first, a long solo direct run that saw him race almost the entire length of the pitch!
Exmouth gave as good as they got and the first quarter ended with George Taylor’s try giving Sidmouth a 4-3 lead.
In the second quarter Sidmouth held sway, running in three unanswered tries. Noah Western showed his trademark speed and strength to score and he then provided the assist to a George Manley try and third was a brave effort from James Allen.
You may also want to watch:
In the third quarter Sidmouth were 6-3 victors with Teddy Osbourne scoring a brace of tries and Taylor got his second score of the day. Miles Lewis then popped up with a brilliant individual try before further impressive play from Taylor set up Brett to cross the Cockles’ line.
The final quarter saw Sidmouth again take charge, winning the period of play 7-3 and seal a 20-9 overall success.
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 6 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 7 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 8 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 9 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 10 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
Young Western led the way with a hat-trick of tries with some unstoppable runs. The in-form Manley scored twice and Taine Benson also bagged a brace of tries.