Sidmouth Under-11s prove too hot for Winscombe and hosts Crediton in three-club meeting
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-11s journeyed to Mid Devon for a three-way series of matches with hosts Crediton and touring outfit Winscombe RFC, writes Craig Morgan.
Sidmouth took a large squad and ended up lending players to both sets of opposition teams!
First up against Winscombe the tourists were soon under significant pressure as Sidmouth passed fluently to keep the ball alive.
Rowe swiftly moved the ball away from contact giving Morgan plenty of time to set up the powerhouse running of Kennaugh and Stamp in the centres.
By now Winscombe were chasing shadows as the try count mounted!
You may also want to watch:
Time and again Peaky and Josh broke tackles as the front five proved irresistible in the tight and at the final whistle Sidmouth had chalked up an emphatic 63-7 win.
Next up it was Crediton in opposition and Sidmouth experimented by removing Peaky their natural ball winner.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
This led to a far closer game and it wasn’t until Rowe executed a sublime cross-field kick for Kennaugh to catch and touch down that Sidmouth eased to a 19-7 victory. Huge thanks go to Jack T, Harley, Patrick and Rafe who volunteered to play for the opposition.