Sidmouth Under-11s put Bristol touring side to the sword
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-11s have returned to action over the past three weeks, writes Mark Williams.
After ten weeks of no action owing to the weather there were clear signs of the rustiness such lay-off brings as they lost matches against Cullompton and Exmouth.
However, the team regrouped, got back into training and next played another double-header of matches against Topsham and Withycombe.
In the first game against Withycombe the team rediscovered their form from earlier in the campaign as they took the opposition apart running out 49-14 winners.
After a short break of five minutes it was straight into a meeting with Topsham. Despite playing up the hill and with some tired legs on show the Sidmouth youngsters again delivered the goods, playing with real adventure as they racked up a 14-7 success.
You may also want to watch:
Most recently was last weekend’s visit of a touring team from Broad Plain, Bristol who were an unknown quantity and boasted several enormous lads and looked like they would pose a big threat!
This very quickly proved not to be the case as by keeping the ball moving and out of contact Sidmouth were able to run them ragged. This was the most technically adept display of rugby I have seen from the boys so far as they ran in try after try winning the match 61-0.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 8 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
So, a great weekends rugby, sunshine, England, Exeter Chiefs and Sidmouth Under-11s all winning, happy days!