Sidmouth Under-11s see off Seaton in cup tie
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-11s were the winners when they met Seaton in a Cup match.
It was Seaton who batted first and they closed on 276, but they did lose 10 wickets along the way.
Riley Pugsley claimed a brace of wickets to finish with figures of 2-14 and there were also wickets for; Mason Hughes (1-6 from three overs), James Bickley (1-6 from two overs) while there was tight bowling from Oliver Marchant (0-11 from two overs) along with some terrific fielding that resulted in no fewer than four run outs, two of them set up by Mason Hughes, who, along with George Harris, contributed lots to the fielding effort.
The Sidmouth turn with the bat saw them reach 312 for the loss of just three wickets with the stand out contribution being a knock of 45 from Charlie Brock.
There were also useful contributions from Oliver Loosemore (19), Sid Ridgeway (17), Reece Hext (14) and Sam Hartland (10),
You may also want to watch:
The team have clearly benefitted from the winter coaching of Nick Mansfield and Jordan Fowler, coaching that continues on Friday nights at the Fortfield.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 9 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend