Sidmouth Under-11s see off Seaton in cup tie
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-11s were the winners when they met Seaton in a Cup match.
It was Seaton who batted first and they closed on 276, but they did lose 10 wickets along the way.
Riley Pugsley claimed a brace of wickets to finish with figures of 2-14 and there were also wickets for; Mason Hughes (1-6 from three overs), James Bickley (1-6 from two overs) while there was tight bowling from Oliver Marchant (0-11 from two overs) along with some terrific fielding that resulted in no fewer than four run outs, two of them set up by Mason Hughes, who, along with George Harris, contributed lots to the fielding effort.
The Sidmouth turn with the bat saw them reach 312 for the loss of just three wickets with the stand out contribution being a knock of 45 from Charlie Brock.
There were also useful contributions from Oliver Loosemore (19), Sid Ridgeway (17), Reece Hext (14) and Sam Hartland (10),
You may also want to watch:
The team have clearly benefitted from the winter coaching of Nick Mansfield and Jordan Fowler, coaching that continues on Friday nights at the Fortfield.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 4 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 5 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 6 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 9 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 10 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown