Sidmouth Under-11s unbeaten on Cornish tour
- Credit: Getty Images/Comstock Images
Sidmouth U11s returned undefeated from their two-match tour to Cornwall.
The first match was against Wadebridge, a side who had got through the season so far unbeaten.
Sidmouth soon found themselves two tries down, but not for long.
Sidmouth moved forward well with good running from Fred Smith, fearless tackling from Oli Bond and strong support and tackling from Will Cotterill.
Gabe Roberts scored to pull the score back to 2-1 at half-time.
You may also want to watch:
Wadebridge scored against the run of play, but the tenacious Ryan Cozens cut through the home side.
Owen Looms worked hard in the middle, closing down the opposition, and Sam Cole stopped the Camels in their tracks with his best tackling and match of his season.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
In the final minutes of the game, Will Bolton split the Camels with a blistering run to score in the corner.
As the final whistle went at 3-3, Wadebridge seemed the more relieved of the teams.
Sunday morning meant another trip to Wadebridge’s ground, this time to play a Barbarians side formed from a combination of Wadebridge and St Austell players.
By half-time Sidmouth were 5-1 up and in the ascendency.
Among the scorers were Will Crick and Will Bolton. Thomas Fletcher went close.
Gabe Roberts got the scoring under way straight from the restart.
Ewan Badcock and Oliver Mitchell rounded off an 8-1 victory.