Sidmouth Under-11s undone by very powerful Okehampton side
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth 0, Okehampton 35 Sidmouth Under-11s felt the full force of one of Devon’s strongest outfits in the age group, writes Craig Morgan.
Okehampton play a system that is both proficient and well-rehearsed.
In the early exchanges Sidmouth demonstrated no lack of desire and competitiveness, but one or two shy tackles allowed the visitors to establish a lead.
Sidmouth played two mixed ability sides whilst Okehampton stuck resolutely to their strongest team and ruthlessly reaped the rewards of their savvy and uncompromising approach.
Rafe and Ethan , both new to the game this season, stormed ahead and made great tackles too. Sam, Josh and Lou all made dents in the opposition defence and twice our tenacious forwards were held up over the line.
You may also want to watch:
The opposition supporters were very complimentary about the welcoming and fair atmosphere surrounding junior rugby at Sidmouth and the new facilities at Sidford.
Thanks to the girls who ran the kitchens, supporters, and all who helped out on the day. For the team after that, it’s back to drawing board!
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend