Sidmouth Under-12s enjoy weekend trip to South Midlands
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth U12s got plenty of rugby in during a weekend tour to the south Midlands.
The tour opened on Saturday with games at Evesham against the host club and Bowden.
The first game against Bowden went well for Sidmouth as they won 5-1. It was 5-0 until Bowden scored a try in the last minute. Ted Osborne was among the try scorers.
Evesham proved a tougher proposition in the second game and ran out 10-0 winners.
There were some notable performances from Sidmouth players, among them the fearless Alex Hooper, who chopped down player after player at tackle time.
You may also want to watch:
The tour moved on to Cheltenham North on the way home, where some bleary-eyed boys won their final game 11-3.
The lads were woken up by a 2am fire alarm at their hotel, which didn’t help their preparations.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
Sidmouth had a plan to run their hosts around and it worked a treat.
Joe Richardson was among the try scorers on the end of a move that went the length of the field.
Miles Lewis, Henry Rousseau, Ed Cooper and George Pierson-Lovesy all added tries in what the coaches regarded as the team’s best performance of the season.