Sidmouth Under-12s make bright start to new new season
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-12s returned to action at the start of another new season when they competed in the Land Rover Cup, a prestigious tournament of the best Under-11 and Under-12 teams from across the South West.
The young Chiefs had an early start for their first game – 8.40am! – and were clearly still in their beds as the ‘wide awake’ Truro side took the lead with an early try and held it to win the opening game.
Clearly stung by the defeat the Sidmouth side powered back to win their next three matches, seeing off Crediton by six tries to nil before beating Totnes by four tries to one and then defeating Withycombe two tries to nil.
Sadly their recovery was not quite enough to bag them a semi-0fduinal berth, something they missed by the narrowest of margin – a single point!
Next up Sidmouth played a home game against Withycombe and triumphed 54-7 thanks to a powerful all-round display.
You may also want to watch:
This weekend the team travel to Tiverton and, with new players bedding in, can travel with confidence.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences