Sidmouth Under-12s make bright start to new new season
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-12s returned to action at the start of another new season when they competed in the Land Rover Cup, a prestigious tournament of the best Under-11 and Under-12 teams from across the South West.
The young Chiefs had an early start for their first game – 8.40am! – and were clearly still in their beds as the ‘wide awake’ Truro side took the lead with an early try and held it to win the opening game.
Clearly stung by the defeat the Sidmouth side powered back to win their next three matches, seeing off Crediton by six tries to nil before beating Totnes by four tries to one and then defeating Withycombe two tries to nil.
Sadly their recovery was not quite enough to bag them a semi-0fduinal berth, something they missed by the narrowest of margin – a single point!
Next up Sidmouth played a home game against Withycombe and triumphed 54-7 thanks to a powerful all-round display.
You may also want to watch:
This weekend the team travel to Tiverton and, with new players bedding in, can travel with confidence.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend