Sidmouth Under-12s net 10-try success at Newton Abbot
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-12s dominated their away fixture at Newton Abbott on Sunday morning, recording an emphatic 50-15 win.
The boys had the privilege of running out onto the first team pitch and rewarded the travelling parents with 10 well-worked team tries.
In muddy conditions, Sidmouth got off to a flying start, crossing the line within the first minute, with some great offloading between forwards and backs.
This was the theme of the match as Sidmouth showed its dominance with some great attacking play across the whole team.
The ‘pick-and-go’ was being executed perfectly as Sidmouth consistently broke through the Newton Abbot defence and made good ground.
You may also want to watch:
Even when Newton Abbott did have the ball, they were repelled and through some strong ripping and rucking the ball was getting turned over to Sidmouth.
Some fierce hits by both teams kept the intensity up during the hour of game time. Unfortunately, a couple of the hits saw both teams lose players through injury.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
This was an excellent performance by the team, consisting of Ned Coles, Dev Nair, Callum French, Charlie Farrington-Smith, Evan Hourihan, Jake Pagett, George Tanner, Luca Manning, Olly Marsh, Finn Cotton, Will Pulman, Ethan Forewell, Thomas Fletcher, Ryan Barnes and Dylan Arnold.
Next for Sidmouth Under-12s is this Sunday’s (February 11) meeting with local rivals Exmouth.