Sidmouth Under-12s power to clean sheet home success over Teignmouth.
Sidmouth 24 Teignmouth 0 A hastily arranged fixture against Teignmouth saw Sidmouth Under-12s put on a longer stud to wade through the muddy Paddock, writes Craig Morgan.
Traction gained, Will Kennaugh tore straight through a slightly hesitant defence in the opening minutes to steady the nerves.
The forwards then knuckled down and produced heaps of quality ball which Archie sprayed around the Park to set the scintillating three quarters free.
Waves of pressure saw all the backs handling well with some great off-loads providing continuity in attack. Sean Harvey snuffed out Teignmouth’ s only real attack with a crunching tackle at Full Back.
Jack Wilson continues to grow in stature with his darting runs and Josh Roberts’ versatility makes him the man for all positions. JJ’s strength in the tight compliments Jack Marchant’s power and soft hands whom along with the Ginger Ninja Max are making up a formidable front row.
You may also want to watch:
Louigi Stamp has gone over to the dark side seduced by the lure of back row play and big Hen is starting to storm forward menacingly. Morgan is maturing nicely in the number ten berth and, when not snoozing on the job, Sam and OJ contribute handsomely to the forwards.
The final tally saw Kennaugh scoop two tries, Jacko two tries with multiple conversion, whilst Teignmouth failed to trouble the scorer.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box