Sidmouth Under-12s win derby with Topsham
Sidmouth 21, Topsham 14 Sidmouth Under-12s entertained Topsham at Sidford with near perfect conditions for rugby.
After drawing with the Topsham outfit earlier in the season at the Land Rover cup, we knew it was likely to be a even contest, and that is how it turned out.
The game was split into four, ten-minute quarters, allowing both sides to make one or two changes and make sure both squads had plenty of game time.
Sidmouth started with pretty much the same side that travelled to Torquay last week and showed some great passages of play, with some great off loads and continuity on show, although they didn’t get it all their own way falling behind to an early try.
The home side showed good character and responded well, a good three quarter move ended with a strong Kennaugh burst, leading to the first try for the home side.
You may also want to watch:
Fly half Finley Morgan made a nice sharp break and knew where the line was to extend the lead and, in the final quarter, Ollie Jones secured the victory finishing off a powerful forwards move by twisting and turning prior to crossing the line.
Sidmouth worked hard and ended up worthy winners eventually scoring three tries to Topsham’s two.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
The morning was topped off with parents and boys enjoying a Christmas lunch back at La Rosetta in Newton Poppleford, special mention to Cara and Wade Monaghan for organising and making the dinner the huge success it was.