Sidmouth Under-13 beaten by powerful Cullompton side
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-13s were beaten 29-17 in an enthralling game at Stafford Park, Cullompton.
The Mid Devon side have proven to be tough opposition in recent times for the young Chiefs and this was no different.
However, as strong and organised as the home play was, it was matched by some terrific tackling across the pitch from the Sidmouth players.
The hosts opened the scoring with a breakaway try, but Sidmouth didn’t let their heads drop, re-grouped and managed to claw their way back into the game. Some close quarter runs from the forwards allowed them to keep the pressure up and helped gain some valuable territory.
Cullompton have one or two exceptionally strong lads and in the end they proved the difference between the two sides, scoring a couple of individual tries, one which started from behind the Cullomptons posts!
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth fought hard and have a lot to be positive about, dominating the scrum and breakdown, helped by top performances in the loose from Alex Peacock, Max Dix and Cole Monaghan. Joe Elsworth again proved difficult to stop and combined well off the scrum to make yards and helped himself to a couple of tries.
Alex Peacock scoring Sidmouth’s other try, reacting first off the back of a line out gathering quickly and plunging over the line from five-metres out.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown