Sidmouth Under-13 England Wanabees win well at Exeter Saracens
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-13s travelled to face Exeter Saracens with enough players to field three teams for matches against the home side.
The England Wanabees team had a couple of warm-up matches with Leon Rowley particularly gaining in confidence, scoring a great try in one of the games.
Wanabees then went into their match against Saracens and, shortly after the start, Zav Arver picked the ball up and produced a terrific run to the line to open the scoring.
After the early score the contest switched to a pattern of rock hard defence.
No one typified this more than Harry Woods who raced from left wing across the pitch to make an outstanding try-saving tackle on the right wing!
You may also want to watch:
There was also some slick attacking from Toby Sanford and Zac Arver who both used their ‘Mauri side step’ to great effect and there were superb runs made by the fleet-footed trio of Harry Finch, Herbie Isherwood and Alex Goody.
Toby Morris and Joshua Priestly held the middle ground together making invaluable tackles and moving the ball to the wings. Joshua Priestly also scored a great try, beating two home players on his way to the line.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 7 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project