Sidmouth Under-13 England Wanabees win well at Exeter Saracens
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-13s travelled to face Exeter Saracens with enough players to field three teams for matches against the home side.
The England Wanabees team had a couple of warm-up matches with Leon Rowley particularly gaining in confidence, scoring a great try in one of the games.
Wanabees then went into their match against Saracens and, shortly after the start, Zav Arver picked the ball up and produced a terrific run to the line to open the scoring.
After the early score the contest switched to a pattern of rock hard defence.
No one typified this more than Harry Woods who raced from left wing across the pitch to make an outstanding try-saving tackle on the right wing!
You may also want to watch:
There was also some slick attacking from Toby Sanford and Zac Arver who both used their ‘Mauri side step’ to great effect and there were superb runs made by the fleet-footed trio of Harry Finch, Herbie Isherwood and Alex Goody.
Toby Morris and Joshua Priestly held the middle ground together making invaluable tackles and moving the ball to the wings. Joshua Priestly also scored a great try, beating two home players on his way to the line.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 9 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat