Sidmouth Under-13 girl’s battle well in narrow defeat at Exeter Saracens
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-13 girl’s travelled to Exeter Saracens for their latest action.
With the home side low on numbers a series of 7s matches were played.
Sidmouth began well and took a deserved lead from a Cleo Turley try.
The following two quarters saw the home side dominate as Sidmouth lost their shape despite great tackling from Abbey French and Ellie Monro Higgs.
The experience of the Exeter side told at the breakdown and their players had found a good rhythm.
You may also want to watch:
The final quarter saw the Sidmouth girls find a higher tempo. Turley made the initial break and followed up with some great ripping of the ball from Exeter to put some spirit back in the side. Following her example was Daisy Grove who started fighting for the ball at the ruck and Amy Scott, Annabelle Bird, Ellie Wood and Jess Perry started pulling down opponents.
Immy Bagwell, Martha Goodall, Esme Bagwell and Lucy Tanner supported and ran well with the ball offloading in the tackle.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 8 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 9 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
Araminta May as usual tackled well and ran well helping Turley to another try. The Sidmouth team came together for a great last try to level the score in the fourth quarter - a little too late to win the game, but a very promising performance for the future.