Sidmouth Under-13 Green Lighters power to victory at Saracens
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-13s travelled to face Exeter with enough players to field three teams for matches against Saracens.
Green Lighters, skippered by Luca Arver, made a flying start in their game with a bulldozing run and try from Archie Rowcliff being the first of three early Sidmouth tries.
Sid Ridgway showed a clean set of heels to the opposition back line to score the second and a well-angled robust run from Jack Pugh resulted in try number three.
The Green Lighters defence was impressive with Luca Arver and Charlie Simic competing typically hard at the break down and Tom Grove’s ripping and counter rucking routinely winning turnover-ball.
Another try from Rowcliff was followed by one from Jack Pugh to complete the first half scoring.
You may also want to watch:
Saracens’ made changes for the second half and hit back with a try of their own, but Green Lighters were soon back in charge.
There were scything runs from Reece Hext together with determined darting bursts and big tackling from Roman Moore while William Morris was a real threat out wide and the Sidmouth side went on to record a comprehensive victory.
- 1 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford