Sidmouth Under-13s all set for Friday evening cup final at Yelverton
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-13s are in action on Friday (June 27) when they play Yelverton Under-13s in the final of the Devon Cup.
The youngsters booked their final berth by winning their semi-final at North Devon by a huge margin.
After losing the toss at Instow Sidmouth were invited to bat and they confidently made their way to an impressive 159 for the loss of just one wicket!
Thomas Moore (33), Andrew Donovan (30) and Byron Knowles (30), all retired with their wickets in tact.
Thomas Simmons made 14 before he fell to a superb catch and the not out batsmen at the close of the innings were Jash Patidar (15) and Jordan Fowler (4).
You may also want to watch:
The North Devon reply lost wickets at regular intervals to its close of 87-6.
All the Sidmouth bowlers delivered good line and length and controlled proceedings from the first delivery.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
There were wickets for; Jordan Fowler (1-8 from four overs), Thomas Burhop (1-13 from four), Lilly Goodier (1-24 from four), Ben Johnson (1-5 from two) and Finlay Richards (1-7 from two).
Tonight’s game is being played at the home of Yelverton CC with a 6.15pm start.