Sidmouth Under-13s beaten on Topsham visit
Sidmouth Under-13s were beaten when they visited Topsham for their latest Sunday morning action.
Sidmouth did not make the best of starts and leaked a brace of early tries scored by a slick home side that was clearly at ease getting the ball wide and using there strong three-quarters.
Once they found their feet in the contest, Sidmouth began to settle and became much more organised, shipping just one further try before the break.
The second half was a different story as the Sidmouth forwards started to dominate, pushing Topsham off their ball in the scrum and competing well in the line outs.
Sam Bond showed genuine tenacity, tackling all over the park and Alex Peacock, who moved into the pack, found himself much more at home dominating the breakdowns.
You may also want to watch:
It was no more than they deserved when, after good approach play involving Andrew Donovan, Finley Johnson and Jack Marchant, Joe Elsworth crossed the Topsham whitewash.
That proved to be the only try the team scored, but they can take great heart from the way they came back strongly after making such a sluggish start and a big boost for them is that they certainly finished the stronger of the two outfits on the day.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients