Sidmouth Under-13s provide players for East Devon select XV.
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-13s provided a clutch of emerging high quality rugby players to represent East Devon in the sun drenched uplands of Tavistock RFC last Wednesday, writes Craig Morgan.
Harry Cockayne, Archie Bagwell, George Harris, Tom Woodruff and Ethan Mead all stretched their legs and contributed to well to in two East Devon teams.
Jo Lowe, Christian Welsford and Tom Hubble were also selected, but unavailable. The East Devon team is selected from Cullompton, Exeter Saracens, Exeter Chiefs, Exmouth, Topsham, Sidmouth, Withycombe and Honiton.
Regional rugby is designed to identify emerging talent and introduce young players to the next level of competition and provide a high level of coaching through Devon rugby and Exeter Chiefs ‘School of Rugby’.
East Devon continues to be a hotbed of junior rugby with the B team winning all three games and the A team emerging unbeaten with one win and two draws.
You may also want to watch:
The tournament was fiercely competitive and highly entertaining for the large crowd and all the Sidmouth players can be proud of their achievements.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford