Sidmouth Under-13s topple Teignmouth in second half try rout!
- Credit: Getty Images/Comstock Images
Sidmouth Under-13s were big winners when they visited Teignmouth.
Straight from the kick-off Sidmouth fielded the ball, went through two phases and then broke from deep to score the opening try of the contest.
The home side restarted and, once again, following four or five phases, the second try was duly scored.
When the Sidmouth backs ran in their third try it was starting to look ominous for the opposition!
However, this was not to be and Teignmouth started to enjoy a good deal of possession.
You may also want to watch:
After such a bright start Sidmouth had to spend the rest of the half defending which, in fact, they did exceptionally well not ever allowing Teignmouth any where near their own line and the interval arrived with Sidmouth 19-0 to the good.
Following a half-time chat with the coaching staff, Sidmouth were quickly onto the front foot in the second half.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
Exactly how many tries Sidmouth scored in the second period remains something of a mystery – suffice to say there were lots!
It was a really good all round performance and a boost to the teams confidence leading up to their Devon Cup quarter-final at Withycombe on Sunday, December 13.