Sidmouth Under-13s win well at South Molton
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-13s were 38-26 winners in an entertaining contest at South Molton.
The Mid Devon side looked bright in the early exchanges with a number of unthreatening phases of play before Sidmouth bagged possession and Sean Harvey ran clear to cross for the games first try.
More sensible, basic, play followed, and the lead was increased with tries from Dom Bernhardt, Josh Roberts and Big Jo!
The hosts then utilised their strong runners to breach the Sidmouth line, aided by some flimsy defence, and the first half drew to a close with Sidmouth four-one up in terms of try scoring.
After the break Elsworth was at his unstoppable best, powering home a couple of tries.
You may also want to watch:
The mind-set of a successful team should be that they remain focused at all times or risk a tidal change, and that is exactly what happened! Lethargy from Sidmouth led to the home side marching through to record a number of tries themselves.
Had it not been for some monster tackles from Mattie Laurenti and vital steals from Man of the Match Louis Shrimp, the damage could have been worse. However, Sidmouth did win the game by twelve points, and deserved to do so and can now look forward to a sharp learning curve in the art of game management – which should be fun!
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth