Sidmouth Under-13s win well at South Molton
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-13s were 38-26 winners in an entertaining contest at South Molton.
The Mid Devon side looked bright in the early exchanges with a number of unthreatening phases of play before Sidmouth bagged possession and Sean Harvey ran clear to cross for the games first try.
More sensible, basic, play followed, and the lead was increased with tries from Dom Bernhardt, Josh Roberts and Big Jo!
The hosts then utilised their strong runners to breach the Sidmouth line, aided by some flimsy defence, and the first half drew to a close with Sidmouth four-one up in terms of try scoring.
After the break Elsworth was at his unstoppable best, powering home a couple of tries.
You may also want to watch:
The mind-set of a successful team should be that they remain focused at all times or risk a tidal change, and that is exactly what happened! Lethargy from Sidmouth led to the home side marching through to record a number of tries themselves.
Had it not been for some monster tackles from Mattie Laurenti and vital steals from Man of the Match Louis Shrimp, the damage could have been worse. However, Sidmouth did win the game by twelve points, and deserved to do so and can now look forward to a sharp learning curve in the art of game management – which should be fun!
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 5 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 6 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon