Sidmouth Under-14s all set for Devon Cup final
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth U14s warmed up for Sunday’s Devon Cup final against Topsham at Cullompton with a game against Exeter Saracens.
Saracens were one or two players light and to make the best of the situation the game was broken into thirds.
Sidmouth loaned a couple of players and started the game.
Teams were interchanged in the final two thirds with some of the Sidmouth players going across to the Saracens side to even things up.
This was more challenging for the players, ensuring all of the boys had a stiff run out in advance of next weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth, who beat last year’s cup winners Kingsbidge in the first round, long-time bogey team Cullomption in the quarters and Barnstaple in the semis, know Topsham will provide a much different prospect next week.
The team have gelled this year. They will prepare well in the week and no doubt give it their all as they have done all season.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend
The game at Cullompton kicks off at 3pm.