Sidmouth Under-14s battle the cold and a strong Crediton side in Mid Devon
- Credit: Archant
Crediton 39, Sidmouth 0 Sidmouth Under-14s came up against the first really frosty conditions of the year on their visit to Mid Devon, writes Chris Woodruff.
That, coupled with a long walk to the ground was not ideal preparation against sizable and strong opposition in Crediton
The home side started brightly scoring two early tries as Sidmouth tried deal with their size and pace.
Despite the bruising clashes, opportunities to rebalance the scores were not taken as cold hands fumbled or openings were missed.
Slowly Sidmouth did create openings as Mead, Malec, Woodruff, Cockhayne and Lowe all went close, but Crediton’s speed and weight was the difference as the home side took 1 22-0 lead into the break.
You may also want to watch:
The second half started in a similar vein as Crediton added three further tries and a conversion to complete the scoring.
The commitment from the whole team, in particular Hayward, who had an outstanding game, was very good, and they enjoyed long periods of possession during the second half.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution