Sidmouth Under-14s battle the cold and a strong Crediton side in Mid Devon
- Credit: Archant
Crediton 39, Sidmouth 0 Sidmouth Under-14s came up against the first really frosty conditions of the year on their visit to Mid Devon, writes Chris Woodruff.
That, coupled with a long walk to the ground was not ideal preparation against sizable and strong opposition in Crediton
The home side started brightly scoring two early tries as Sidmouth tried deal with their size and pace.
Despite the bruising clashes, opportunities to rebalance the scores were not taken as cold hands fumbled or openings were missed.
Slowly Sidmouth did create openings as Mead, Malec, Woodruff, Cockhayne and Lowe all went close, but Crediton’s speed and weight was the difference as the home side took 1 22-0 lead into the break.
You may also want to watch:
The second half started in a similar vein as Crediton added three further tries and a conversion to complete the scoring.
The commitment from the whole team, in particular Hayward, who had an outstanding game, was very good, and they enjoyed long periods of possession during the second half.
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 5 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 6 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon