Sidmouth Under-14s beaten at home by a strong Barnstaple side
Sidmouth 12 Barnstaple 25 Sidmouth Under-14s were beaten at home by a sizeable visiting outfit, writes Chris Woodruff.
The early clashes were fierce and threatened to decimate the home team who struggled to gain territory in the opening stages and looked somewhat shell-shocked!
Barum secured three early tries on the left wing as Sidmouth failed to match the intensity of their play.
To their credit the home side kept their composure and better movement of the ball was rewarded with a try from an on form Degruchy giving a positive end to the first half.
The second half started as the first had and the stronger rucking and back-up play from Barum brought a further two early tries. A determined Sidmouth slowly lifted their game however and another quick move ended with Mead weaving his way to an impressive try which Harris converted confidently to close the gap 12-25.
You may also want to watch:
The better side won on the day but Sidmouth will have learnt from the bruising Barum experience that they have it within them to match the strongest opposition when they raise their game and determination.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 8 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 9 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'