Sidmouth Under-14s ease into last four of Devon Plate
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth 25, South Molton 17 Sidmouth Under-14s secured a deserved semi-final place in the Devon Plate in an impressive 25-17 win over a sizeable South Molton side.
Kicking into the wind, there were early signs for concern as the home side quickly went 5-0 behind.
Sidmouth rallied well however, and put a series of well worked passes together to give Mead the opening try before being substituted with a head injury. South Molton replied almost as quickly to reinstate the lead in a half peppered with handling and passing errors.
Sidmouth stuck at the task well and equity was finally restored as a purposeful Bagwell squeezed over.
South Molton then had a solid period of possession and a well worked training ground move resulted in a 17-10 lead to close the half.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth played a much tighter second half and the ever present Cockayne quickly scored an early try.
Taking advantage of the wind, Sidmouth pinned South Molton in their final third for much of the half and despite a series of baffling penalties, made the pressure count as Skelton ran through to give the home side a 20-17 lead.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend
The momentum had clearly swung and with some decisive tackling notably from Harris and Fisher an excellent move lead to the outstanding Lowe appropriately clinching the game 25-17.