Sidmouth Under-14s in crushing success at Newton Abbot
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-14s were in scintillating form as they totally over powered hosts Newton Abbot, returning to East Devon with a 75-12 success.
Having just scraped an unconvincing win at home against Withycombe in the first match of the season, the young Chiefs travelled to South Devon not quite knowing what to expect as they had never played Newton Abbot before.
Sidmouth made a flying start winning turnover ball from the kick-off to cross for what would be the first of many tries!
However, after that early score the home side produced some fluent rugby retaining possession and eventually going over in the corner to tie the scores after five minutes.
That though, was as good as it got for the home side as Sidmouth took control.
You may also want to watch:
Consistent destructive work by the forwards at the breakdown secured regular front foot ball for the backs who had a field day running in a further 11 tries. Six of the tries were scored by the Man of the Match, George Stenning.
The battling home side were rewarded for their efforts with a late try, but Sidmouth were the worthy – and big – winners at full time.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors