Sidmouth Under-14s put Paignton to the sword
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-14s were in fine form as they powered their way to an emphatic 58-12 over Paington.
However, the highly successful season that the team has enjoyed so far was not present in the opening exchanges with the wrong players doing the wrong jobs and two off sides gave Paignton strong field position from which the scored inside the first two minutes !
Clearly rattled, Sidmouth then tried to force the game and little went right!
Eventually the boys found their unselfish rhythm and started to score with regularity. Paignton battled hard, but had no answer to Josh Golding’s pace and Mattie Laurenti’s tenacity.
New player Louis Maynard added a valuable lineout option in the forwards and Owen Tidball dominated play through the centres. Sebastian Stewart made good ground on the wing and Jake Jones caught and returned the ball excellently. Ollie Parry-Leyshon linked well and Charlie Corr secured valuable ball in the contact area. Sidmouth brought on super-sub Kyle ‘Pazza’ Parry in the second half who must have the best 0-60 statistics in the county! He duly romped in for four blistering tries and the rout was complete.
You may also want to watch:
A Sidmouth coach said: “The coaching goals are to play simple rugby with team understanding of simple patterns. In addition to this, if the boys can then remove mistakes from their performance they will quickly become a formidable outfit.
Well done again to all players on another great team performance.”
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend