Sidmouth Under-14s put Taunton to the sword
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-14s were in top form as they defeated Taunton 53-24, putting to rest the memory of a 40 point defeat to the same team the year before!
A first minute try from Josh Golding was the perfect start for the team and they went on to play some delightful rugby.
The visitors were left to chase shadows as time and again Sidmouth cleared quickly at the breakdown and shipped the ball wide.
Fly half Finlay Morgan controlled field position beautifully and applied pressure to an uncertain defence.
Sidmouth scored lots of well-crafted, team-based tries. A feature was the hard-yard work from Finlay Johnson and the home side went into half-time with a richly deserved 43-5 lead.
You may also want to watch:
After the break Sidmouth, in true sporting fashion, took their foot off the gas! Key players were removed fro the action as ‘plan B’ was adopted!
Mattie Laurenti was again voted by the team as Man of the Match closely followed by Louis Stamp both of whom produced excellent back row displays of ball-winning and link-play with the three-quarters. It really was a team performance to savour.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown