Sidmouth Under-14s third in Exeter tournament
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Netball Club were playing in the Exeter and District Summer Tournament on Saturday, writes Louise Hastie.
Teams were entered into U11,U12, U14 and U16 age groups, playing against clubs from Exeter, Axminster, Teighmouth and Kingsbridge.
The U14 was a particularly competitive group with 12 teams entered.
Honiton had two teams, one of whom, Blaze, was made up of girls that will be playing in a Sidmouth kit in September when the new Sidmouth Netball Club starts officially.
Blaze had five games in the pool and won four of them just dropping a point to the West Exe first team.
You may also want to watch:
This was enough to put them through to the semi-finals where unfortunately they lost out to Exeter One.
They didn’t let this get them down though, and, after a hard fought third and fourth place play-off match against local rivals Axminster Velocity, came out on top to secure third place in the tournament.
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 7 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
This is the highest the team have finished this season and they are now excited to be representing Sidmouth in September.
Netball has gone from strength to strength in Devon in the last five years with clubs started in Honiton, Teignmouth, Exmouth, Axminster and now Sidmouth. All of the clubs welcome new members at any time.
If anyone is interested is playing, volunteering or sponsoring any aspect of the new club please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls in years five and six can attend a taster session at St Johns School Sports Hall on either June 21 or June 28 from 6.30pm to 7.30pm and years seven and eight are catered for on the same dates from 7.30pm to 8.30pm.