Sidmouth Under-14s win well in Exeter
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-14s saw off West Exe Wolves 5-1 when the teams met in Exeter.
Despite the blustery conditions Sidmouth adapted well and were good value for a n emphatic success.
Sidmouth began confidently and some superb long passing from Ben Latham, released strike partners Will Lorkin and Jake Jones, but the pair were frustrated by a hard-working home defence.
It was from a swift counter-attack that the home side opened the scoring. Parity was swiftly restored with a slide-rule pass from Cole Monaghan setting up Ben Scrivens to score.
The home side hit back, but got no change out of the water-tight Sidmouth back line of Jamie Wyant, Ben Scrivens and Louis Stamp.
You may also want to watch:
Ollie Jones and George Salter were again denied by a busy home glovesman before Monaghan struck to give Sidmouth a half-time lead.
Early in the second half a Lorkins cross was turned home by Dylan Lascelles to make it 3-1.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 8 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 9 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
The battling hosts were not finished and two outstanding saves from Sidmouth goalkeeper Isaac James denied them further goals.
With time ebbing away Monaghan and Jones added further goals to round off a most successful morning for the team.