Sidmouth Under-15 girls in Lady Taverners exit at Paignton.
Sidmouth Under-15 girls were edged out of the Lady Taverners T20 competition when beaten by Paignton last Sunday.
With five players from their women’s eleven team, the home side proved to be a very tough opponent!
Sidmouth won the toss, and captain Emily Dodds elected to field first.
Emma Seward took a brace of wickets, one of them being the multi-talented Jess Jones who plays for England Under 15s at both cricket and football.
Not to be outdone Lily Goodier also took a wicket and Sidmouth fielded well, but the Plympton girls were just too strong, finding the boundary on a regular basis.
You may also want to watch:
Libby Morrison took a brilliant catch to keep Sidmouth in the game and there was some excellent wicket keeping from rookie Lucy Gosling, backed up by Caitlin Perry and, with Hannah Vicary running around the field, and closely missing a further catch the home side were restricted to 145-3 at the completion of their 20 overs.
The reply was led by Emily Dodds who was playing against manu of her Devon team mates. She managed a respectable nine runs before being bowled. Robyn Hansford and Bryony Monaghan did their best to bolster the score, but there was little they could do against a formidable team.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 5 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
The Sidmouth girls innings only lasted six overs as they were bundled out for 19.
Considering many of the girls were selected from the Sidmouth Under-13 team all can hold their heads high for the way they kept battling against a well drilled team.