Sidmouth Under-15 girls rout Tewkesbury in RFU Spoon super show
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-15s entertained Tewkesbury in the final of the RFU Spoon competition.
The 7-a-side fixture was played out at a sun-kissed Blackmore and before a good turnout of support.
The match was contested over four quarters of ten minutes duration.
Sidmouth looked sharp from the opening whistle and, with quick ball through the hands they scored a whopping nine tries in the opening 10 minutes to stun the visitors!
As is the norm in such circumstances the referee advised that the contest should be ‘ceased’ at 50 points and then a friendly was played.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth adopted the best of sporting traditions for the friendly by giving five of their number to the opposition. This led to Tewkesbury managing to score three tries of their own. However, at the other end of the Blackmore pitch the home try count grew – and grew – and when the final whistle was blown the girls had scored a spectacular 29 tires – there most successful outing to date!
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients