Sidmouth Under-15 girls see off Kingsbridge
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-15 girls were convincing winners when they entertained Kingsbridge.
In a contest that was full of enterprise and endeavour and certainly not short on action all the tries were scored by backs and forwards.
Both teams showed a keenness to run with the ball at every opportunity and Sidmouth prop Yasmine Whitrow crossed the white wash twice before a mazy run from Emily Vicary saw her cross in the corner.
Sidmouth skipper Sophie Moore showed her pace to score back-to-back tries to complete the first half scoring for the home side. Battling Kingsbridge also scored a well-worked try before the break.
In the second half Whitrow crossed twice more before Becky Spence added her name to the try scorers list. The Vicary sisters, Emily and Hannah, also got in on the try scoring act with a brace of spectacular scorer.
You may also want to watch:
The Player of the Match award went to Georgia Scelly who was outstanding throughout.
This Sunday (February 1), the girls’ host Wellington with the match being played at Sidford with a 2pm start.
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 6 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 7 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 10 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners