Sidmouth Under-15 girls see off Kingsbridge
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-15 girls were convincing winners when they entertained Kingsbridge.
In a contest that was full of enterprise and endeavour and certainly not short on action all the tries were scored by backs and forwards.
Both teams showed a keenness to run with the ball at every opportunity and Sidmouth prop Yasmine Whitrow crossed the white wash twice before a mazy run from Emily Vicary saw her cross in the corner.
Sidmouth skipper Sophie Moore showed her pace to score back-to-back tries to complete the first half scoring for the home side. Battling Kingsbridge also scored a well-worked try before the break.
In the second half Whitrow crossed twice more before Becky Spence added her name to the try scorers list. The Vicary sisters, Emily and Hannah, also got in on the try scoring act with a brace of spectacular scorer.
You may also want to watch:
The Player of the Match award went to Georgia Scelly who was outstanding throughout.
This Sunday (February 1), the girls’ host Wellington with the match being played at Sidford with a 2pm start.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support