Sidmouth Under-15 girls triumph at Minehead
- Credit: Archant
Try-mendous! Sidmouth’s Under-15 girls’ team came home from the Minehead Festival as age-group champions.
More than 300 girls playing in three age groups – U13s, U15s and U18s – took part in the festival.
Sidmouth didn’t get off to a great start as they were beaten 25-5 by Newquay in the first of six games. They didn’t lose again.
Minehead were held 15-15 and Wells beaten 25-15. This game was by far the most competitive as Wells had a big, solid pack. Sidmouth doubled up in defence and used their speedy backs to take the game.
There was another 15-all draw, this time with Somerton, followed by a 35-25 win over North Dorset.
You may also want to watch:
The derby game with Exeter Saracens ended all square on 20-20.
Sophie Moore scored an impressive 14 tries while Emily and Hannah Vicary and Yasmin Whitrow scored the others.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 5 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 6 The questions of British Lions selection
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution