Sidmouth Under-15s are ruthless in their finishing against battling West Hill
- Credit: Archant
West Hill 0, Sidmouth 18 Sidmouth Under-15s were ruthless in the way they became the latest side to heap goal on a battling West Hill who are clearly finding life tough in the top division following promotion from Division Two last season.
Sidmouth made a bright start and struck early with Connor Murphy netting a fine goal.
West Hill responded to the early setback and played some neat football, but typical of their luck this term, a goal was not forthcoming, but once Murphy doubled his tally the flood gates opened and Sidmouth were 9-0 up by half-time.
After the break Sidmouth shuffled their pack and keeper Jake Sellick played outfield managing to score a brace of goals.
Murphy emulated his first half hat-trick with another treble to finish with six and Freddie King also completed a nap hand of scoring with his five goals in the game.
You may also want to watch:
Harvey Sargent (3), Jamie Newbery and Joe Miller were the other Sidmouth scorers.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 9 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 10 Sad loss at Beer Albion