Sidmouth Under-15s beat Thorverton with Orchard netting the first goal
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth 3, Thorverton 0 Sidmouth Under-15s were good value for their clean sheet win in a well-contested Exeter Youth League match.
The first half was a cagey affair with both sides seeing their attacks contained by the other’s defence!
After the break Tom Orchard, playing as a striker, struck with a fierce shot that gave the Thors gloves man no chance, to give Sidmouth the lead.
Thereafter, Connor Murphy and Tyler Wellman took charge of the midfield and it was from that area of dominance that Sidmouth doubled their lead.
A Murphy corner was cleared to Jamie Newbery who volleyed the ball powerfully towards goal and, despite the best efforts of the defender, the ball found its way into the net!
You may also want to watch:
The back three of Newbery, Dylan King and Al Forsyth were in excellent form to deny Thors any clear chances to leave keeper Jake Sellick a quiet shift.
Jacob Rowe and Joe Miller worked tirelessly and, when Jack DeWinton was put through his shot just missed the target.
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 5 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 6 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
The move of the match came when Forsyth found Orchard, his quick ball to Wellman who then released Jonny Dunn who crossed for Miller to thump the ball home to put a polished seal on proceedings.