Sidmouth Under-15s beaten in fine game with Ivybridge
We were in green and black and they were in black and green. So far, so confusing, writes Daryl Pearce.
We couldn’t have asked for better weather, but Ivybridge got off to a speedy start securing the ball and three tries in quick succession!
The Sidmouth pack worked well in the scrum, but Ivybridge turned over the ball competently and maintained most of the possession in the first quarter despite brave tackling from Wright and Hill. With a significant psychological advantage Ivybridge scored a further try and converted to lead. Finally, in the closing minutes of the first half Lao got a chance to show his speed and scored the first try for Sidmouth.
In the second half Sidmouth regrouped and the battle was on. The teams seemed more evenly matched as Sidmouth tackled and off-loaded well.
However, Ivybridge’s defence was relentless and though good efforts were made by Wright, Allen Dix to make some ground Sidmouth struggled to penetrate the opposition defence.
You may also want to watch:
After a period of impasse, Ivybridge scored a good try between the posts ensuring an easy conversion.
A kick and chase resulted in a scuffle past the Ivybridge try line and a further try was scored by Lao.
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 5 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 6 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
In the closing minutes Ivybridge secured a final try to end the match 36-10 as deserved winners.