Sidmouth Under-15s brush aside chalenge of Exmouth
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-15s were 31-0 winners when they made they made the short trip to face Exmouth, writes Chris Woodruff.
Sidmouth wasted no time in getting into their stride, but their positive approach was robustly defended by the Cockles.
But for few technical decisions allowing them to gain territory, Exmouth were pinned well into their half by a high tempo Sidmouth performance.
The only score of the first half was a Mead try prior to the interval.
After the break there was more of the same with the Sidmouth forwards taking charge with Lamprill and Lewis particularly influential.
You may also want to watch:
Such was the power play that Mead was able to score three more tries with two of them being converted by Harris.
There was also a wonderful individual try from Cockhayne, securing the ball from a throw in the final third, that put a polished seal on an all-round excellent attacking and defensive performance from Sidmouth.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival