Sidmouth Under-15s launch new season with draw in Exeter
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-15s were involved in a six-goal thriller to launch the new Exeter and District League season when they shared six goals with hosts West Exe Exiles.
At full-time both managers agreed that the performance of Sidmouth glovesman James Emmett was a big reason for the visiting team returning home with a share of the spoils!
Max Peacock marked his Sidmouth debut with the opener and Ben Goodier doubled the lead. New signing Lucas White reduced the arrears before his double marked his first start for the side with a brace to give Exiles a 3-2 lead. In the closing stages Luke Spiller made sure both teams took something from their first outing of the season.
Goalkeeper James Emmett was named the Sidmouth star man.
West Exe Exiles coach Simon Partridge was full of praise for young Emmett.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Their goalkeeper was absolutely outstanding. Some of his saves were out of the top drawer!”
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 4 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout