Sidmouth Under-15s launch new season with draw in Exeter
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-15s were involved in a six-goal thriller to launch the new Exeter and District League season when they shared six goals with hosts West Exe Exiles.
At full-time both managers agreed that the performance of Sidmouth glovesman James Emmett was a big reason for the visiting team returning home with a share of the spoils!
Max Peacock marked his Sidmouth debut with the opener and Ben Goodier doubled the lead. New signing Lucas White reduced the arrears before his double marked his first start for the side with a brace to give Exiles a 3-2 lead. In the closing stages Luke Spiller made sure both teams took something from their first outing of the season.
Goalkeeper James Emmett was named the Sidmouth star man.
West Exe Exiles coach Simon Partridge was full of praise for young Emmett.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Their goalkeeper was absolutely outstanding. Some of his saves were out of the top drawer!”
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival