Sidmouth Under-15s make flying start to new indoor competition
Sidmouth’s Under-15 indoor team have made a flying start to a new competition being held at the Devon Cricket Centre.
The Fortfield youngsters are contesting a round-robin Wednesday night competition and the first night of action saw them defeat both Bradninch and Exeter.
Batting first against Bradninch, the Sidmouth team scored 117-1 in their 10 overs with Byron Knowles (27), Tom Simmons (25) and Jordan Fowler (24), the principle run getters.
The Mid Devon side were then restricted to 56-3 with Knowles (1-9) the wicket taker and there were two run-outs.
In their second game they restricted Exeter to 62-4 with Jordan Fowler and Luke Davis amongst the wickets.
You may also want to watch:
They then eased home thanks to an unbeaten 25 from Simmons.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 The questions of British Lions selection
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution