Sidmouth Under-15s net three in defeat at Stoke Hill
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-15s were edged out 5-3 in an entertaining meeting with Stoke Hill at their Hamlin Lane, Exeter home.
In a high-tempo start by both teams Sidmouth went close a number of times, but whilst they could not find a finish to match the quality of their approach play, at then other end of the pitch the home side showed a clinical touch in front of goal to score twice to hold a 2-0 half-time advantage.
After the break Sidmouth raised the tempo even higher. Jack Gibson was denied when his powerful strike was superbly turned away by the home gloves man and then Oliver Turton saw his header cannon back off the frame off the goal before, following a click counter-attack, the home side netted a third.
Shortly after Matt Skelding rifled the ball home from 35-yards with his volley crashing into the net off the underside of the bar! Fresh legs were introduced, but during the reshuffle the home side added a fourth.
Sidmouth dug deep, mounted a concerted attack and scored two quick-fire goals with Turton netting his second before a left foot volley from Ben Main.
You may also want to watch:
They then went in search of a an equaliser, but it would not come and the home side bagged a late fifth from a quickly taken corner.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 8 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 9 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution