Sidmouth Under-15s see off Exmouth in re-arranged cup tie
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth 29, Exmouth 21 This was Sidmouth Under-15s first match for nearly 6 weeks due to the Christmas holidays and then the rain, so it would be fair to say that they were feeling a little rusty, writes Chris Robinson.
This was a re-arranged cup tie and Exmouth were out of the blocks quicker. Sidmouth were 14-0 down within 10 minutes.
It is to their credit that they were able to summon up their tenacity and courage and stage a fight back. First Kennaugh used all his power to barrel over and late on in the first half Down was able to wriggle over. Both tries were converted by Allen; Game on. The second half in very muddy conditions was a cagey affair. Eventually Exmouth scored a converted try, which really fired Sidmouth up.
Innes-Kruger sold a terrific dummy that confused both sides, but fortunately he had the pace to finish it off. Lao was next on the score sheet. It was only a matter of time when the right pass would put him away.
His pace is phenomenal. The last and decisive try was for the purists amongst us. A good old fashioned drive from the scrum, who had all been great today and Barnett was the one to barge over.
You may also want to watch:
This was a solid win and what they must be most proud of is that they never let their heads go down and they fought right until the final whistle. Well done to all.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend