Sidmouth Under-15s share spoils with Moors Youth
Sidmouth 3, Moors Youth 3 Sidmouth Under-15s were involved in a thrilling encounter with the Tiverton-based visitors.
The home side began brightly with Jack DeWinton impressing and it was no surprise when Alex Stone rose to head Sidmouth into the lead. DeWinton made it two after a good move involving Freddie King and Joe Miller.
Sidmouth had a couple of chances to increase their lead, but Moors came back into the match and halved the deficit just before half-time.
Early in the second half Moors drew level and it got worse for the home side as they the fell 3-2 behind when a miss-hit overhead kick crept in at the far.
Sidmouth showed great character to dig deep and they were rewarded for their endeavours Doble got on the end of a sweeping move to score the games sixth goals.
You may also want to watch:
In a tense closing few minutes only a last ditch tackle prevented Jamie Newberry from getting through for a one-on-one with the Moors keeper.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford