Sidmouth Under-15s too strong for Honiton
Sidmouth Under-15s were worthy 31-0 winners when they travelled to Honiton for a Plate Trophy fixture, writes Chris Woodruff.
Sidmouth were clearly ‘ready’ for the derby and made a flying start opening up a 12-0 lead thanks to tries from Turley and Mead and conversion from Harris.
The muddy conditions created handling and movement errors on both teams, but Sidmouth dominated play as Honiton had little to offer in attack.
Despite being a man down through Pearson being sin-binned, Sidmouth secured a third try, as Harris, kicking for territory and good pressure from the forwards forced a penalty from which Franklin powered over to secure a 17-0 half-time lead
The second half saw signs of movement from Sidmouth’s backs resulting in a try from Mead and a Harris conversion to extend the elad to 24-0.
You may also want to watch:
The home side never really threatened Sidmouth for the remainder of the game and the scoring was completed when Franklin crossed late on.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown