Sidmouth Under-15s win well at Topsham St James
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-15s were eight run winners when they visited Topsham St James for a Bradleys East Devon Youth League game.
On a wicket that certainly did no favours for the batters, Sidmouth managed to make their way to 96-9 when their innings closed.
Jordan Fowler top scored with 23 and there were other useful contributions from Henry Williams (19), Jack Marchant (13), Jack Cload (12) and Emma Seward (9).
In reply, the home side were restricted to 88-9 with Tom Simmons claiming four of the wickets.
Other Sidmouth bowlers to claim wickets were: Max Ward (2), Cole Monaghan and Josh Jones.
You may also want to watch:
One thing that did come shining through was that clearly, the hard work the youngsters have been putting in on training nights is paying off for they held a number of fine catches with the highlights being ones held by Ben Fisher and Jack Marchant. There was also some exceptional fielding on wow, particularly from Elliot Emmott and stand-in wicketkeeper Henry Williams did very well too.
- 1 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 10 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'