Sidmouth Under-15s win well at Topsham St James
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-15s were eight run winners when they visited Topsham St James for a Bradleys East Devon Youth League game.
On a wicket that certainly did no favours for the batters, Sidmouth managed to make their way to 96-9 when their innings closed.
Jordan Fowler top scored with 23 and there were other useful contributions from Henry Williams (19), Jack Marchant (13), Jack Cload (12) and Emma Seward (9).
In reply, the home side were restricted to 88-9 with Tom Simmons claiming four of the wickets.
Other Sidmouth bowlers to claim wickets were: Max Ward (2), Cole Monaghan and Josh Jones.
You may also want to watch:
One thing that did come shining through was that clearly, the hard work the youngsters have been putting in on training nights is paying off for they held a number of fine catches with the highlights being ones held by Ben Fisher and Jack Marchant. There was also some exceptional fielding on wow, particularly from Elliot Emmott and stand-in wicketkeeper Henry Williams did very well too.
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 5 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98