Sidmouth Under-16s begin new rugby season in confident style with big win at Exmouth
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth 19, Sidmouth 43 Sidmouth Under-16s were convincing winners when they met Exmouth on the first day of the new season, writes Stuart Cavin.
Unfortunately the opposition were only able to field 14 players, so both teams started a player down.
The numbers further decreased when an Exmouth injury reduced them by one more player and the game became one of 13-a-side.
Sidmouth rotated the squad throughout the game, this meant players found themselves trying out new positions and playing with new players.
A really fluid game of rugby took place with some great handling and positional kicking which led to the high try count.
You may also want to watch:
A really good start to the season and an enjoyable first game.
- 1 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 8 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 9 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'