Sidmouth Under-16s crowned East Devon League champions
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-16s continued there winning ways with a comprehensive clean sheet success, writes Stuart Cavin.
Victory confirms the side as champions of the East Devon League!
Fittingly for a title sealing performance, the backs played some of their best rugby so far this season.
Skipper Aaron Bagwell led by example with the emphasis being on quick ball and trying to keep the ball alive.
This generated many phases of play which allowed Billy Collins, Tom Counsell and Joe Cox to get on the end of some classic moves to score tries.
You may also want to watch:
Strong as ever in the forwards, Liam Hilliar dominated, making great ground and deservedly grabbed a try of his own, with the final play of the game.
In another clinical move, quick hands allowed Max Moore to score in the corner.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 3 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 6 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 7 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 8 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
This was a great squad performance and a very pleasing end to the first part of the season for all connected with the team.