Sidmouth Under-16s crowned East Devon League champions
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-16s continued there winning ways with a comprehensive clean sheet success, writes Stuart Cavin.
Victory confirms the side as champions of the East Devon League!
Fittingly for a title sealing performance, the backs played some of their best rugby so far this season.
Skipper Aaron Bagwell led by example with the emphasis being on quick ball and trying to keep the ball alive.
This generated many phases of play which allowed Billy Collins, Tom Counsell and Joe Cox to get on the end of some classic moves to score tries.
You may also want to watch:
Strong as ever in the forwards, Liam Hilliar dominated, making great ground and deservedly grabbed a try of his own, with the final play of the game.
In another clinical move, quick hands allowed Max Moore to score in the corner.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend
This was a great squad performance and a very pleasing end to the first part of the season for all connected with the team.